Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-29-2023, 11:56 PM   #2501
pingbling23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeve View Post
15 trip dubs in the NBA so far this year, 7 are Joker.

32-10-15 masterclass tonight on that stout Houston defense.
Saw the headline on nba.com jokic carries nuggets then see mpj had 30/10/5 on 65% lol.
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:01 AM   #2502
rhigh2390

Really wish that lebron was above flopping by now.
rhigh2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:59 AM   #2503
GOATcards

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeve View Post
15 trip dubs in the NBA so far this year, 7 are Joker.

32-10-15 masterclass tonight on that stout Houston defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
Saw the headline on nba.com jokic carries nuggets then see mpj had 30/10/5 on 65% lol.
15 dimes and zero TOs along with the 30+ points is a carry job, who was he feeding with those 15?
whatever ninjacookies said one foo's NBA GOAT ranking (top 20-ish): MJ, Mr. Russell, Tim, LeBron, Magic, KareemLarry, WiltShaq, Kobe, HakeemJokicCurry, GiannisKevinKevin, Oscar, Jerry, Karl, MosesDirkDoctorAdmiral
“Those f---ing balloons are staying up there.” -WFR, 5/5/69
GOATcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 10:02 AM   #2504
daeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
Funny you mention it, this is the first time this season he's had a teammate score at least 30 in a game Jokic played. And actually only other one I can think of is the Reggie revenge game on the Clips from the other night where Joker was inactive.
daeve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:23 PM   #2505
gomiamigo

I just can't see it from the Wolves, just can't, as much as I love Antman. They seem like an improved version of the Cavs. Good, getting better, but not good enough.
Old 11-30-2023, 05:29 PM   #2506
hairyangryfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATcards View Post
15 dimes and zero TOs along with the 30+ points is a carry job, who was he feeding with those 15?
Just typical hating...
I'm so less active here now and part of the reason is that I see the username of someone who'd last posted in this thread and I just can't be bothered with the nonsense I know I'd see if I then went into the thread. That was an all-world stat line.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:38 PM   #2507
yiguiri2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
I just can't see it from the Wolves, just can't, as much as I love Antman. They seem like an improved version of the Cavs. Good, getting better, but not good enough.
The thing about the Wolves is that I don't think it's about this year.

A 2nd round exit would be considered a success. Then you look at the offseason and should feel better about themselves.

OKC looks like they are a trade away from being favorites. Then? Unless something major happens, I wouldn't trust the Lakers, Suns or Warriors in 2025. Clippers and Pels success rely on injury prone players. It's gonna be hard for the Mavs to get Luka/Kyrie any help. At that point, you are contending with Sacramento?

If they keep it up, they are gonna be one of the favorites to win the West next season. Of course they'll still have to beat Denver but even hope is welcomed for small market teams nowadays.
yiguiri2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 06:35 PM   #2508
hermanotarjeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
Really wish that lebron was above flopping by now.
You think it’s a conscious thing?

It’s in his DNA.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:19 PM   #2509
tjforce

Cavs are scary...

Just not in a good way. Went from beating the Nuggets and 76ers to losing to the Blazers.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:26 PM   #2510
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjforce View Post
Cavs are scary...

Just not in a good way. Went from beating the Nuggets and 76ers to losing to the Blazers.
The team is just poorly coached. There’s no plan, JB just says go run a basic PnR and let Donovan Mitchell suck the life out of the offense.

They hit their ceiling last year which is sad because we traded away our entire future for a guy who’s just not it
Old 11-30-2023, 09:30 PM   #2511
tjforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
The team is just poorly coached. There’s no plan, JB just says go run a basic PnR and let Donovan Mitchell suck the life out of the offense.

They hit their ceiling last year which is sad because we traded away our entire future for a guy who’s just not it
A few things.....

Mitchell has shot 35% or worse in 6 of 8 games. When he's good he's good, when he's not he still takes 20 shots.

Garland is not very effective next to Mitchell. That doesn't work.

JB needs to figure it out.... Mobley goes 8-13 thru 3 quarters. He gets 1 shot in the forth. It's an absolute waste of his talent and potential development.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:38 PM   #2512
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjforce View Post
A few things.....

Mitchell has shot 35% or worse in 6 of 8 games. When he's good he's good, when he's not he still takes 20 shots.

Garland is not very effective next to Mitchell. That doesn't work.

JB needs to figure it out.... Mobley goes 8-13 thru 3 quarters. He gets 1 shot in the forth. It's an absolute waste of his talent and potential development.
It’s been 3 seasons and JB has never changed anything. What’s he going to figure out at this point?

He’s running 8 man rotations only to lose to scrubs in November.

He can’t coach a team with expectations because he can’t adapt his coaching style. There’s no creativity at all
Old 11-30-2023, 09:49 PM   #2513
rhigh2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post

I've only watched the Cavs a few times this year, but the offense seems to flow so much smoother without Mitchell. Sucking the life out of the offense is exactly how I'd describe it.
rhigh2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 10:04 PM   #2514
yiguiri2002

After tonight, I don't know if Lavine's trade value goes up or down
Old 11-30-2023, 10:27 PM   #2515
tjforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
I've only watched the Cavs a few times this year, but the offense seems to flow so much smoother without Mitchell. Sucking the life out of the offense is exactly how I'd describe it.
It absolutely is....

When it comes to 1:1 scoring, he's by far the best player they have. No doubt.

When it comes to running an effective offense with 5 guys moving together, he gunks it up too much without providing enough of a defensive benefit as a 6'1" shooting guard.

It's the situation where he's still the best individual player on the team, but doesn't really help the team play better.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:52 PM   #2516
oldgoldy97

Wolves win with Ant sidelined.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 11:20 PM   #2517
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiguiri2002 View Post
After tonight, I don't know if Lavine's trade value goes up or down
I think Philly's the best fit, and a massive upgrade over Tobias' overpaid a$$.

They need one more iso playmaker. He sucks at passing, but he should be able to thrive with Maxey and Embiid commanding so much defensive attention. Plus, he's got 50+ point upside. A part of me feels like he's pretty much mailed it in with Chicago this past year+. He and DDR just aren't a great fit.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 11:30 PM   #2518
yiguiri2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I think Philly's the best fit, and a massive upgrade over Tobias' overpaid a$$.

They need one more iso playmaker. He sucks at passing, but he should be able to thrive with Maxey and Embiid commanding so much defensive attention. Plus, he's got 50+ point upside. A part of me feels like he's pretty much mailed it in with Chicago this past year+. He and DDR just aren't a great fit.
The way Maxey is playing, I don't think they need another ball dominating guard like LaVine.

They would be really scary if they go after DDR + Caruso.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:36 PM   #2519
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
The way Maxey is playing, I don't think they need another ball dominating guard like LaVine.

Based on their playoff history, I'm not so sure about that.

You just can't depend on a Philly 2-man game. And Tobias is the textbook definition of mid. Lavine at least gives them a 3rd borderline all star that can play inside-out.

DDR is cool, but his style makes him very system dependent. He's a midrange sniper, which is where Embiid initiates a lot of his offense. Theoretically it probably could work, but I think Lavine's the better fit.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:17 AM   #2520
drobfan8

Quote:

I agree.

Lavine is not helping you win a damned thing.

Which means Morey will have this deal done in no time.
Old 12-01-2023, 01:39 AM   #2521
yiguiri2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Based on their playoff history, I'm not so sure about that.

You just can't depend on a Philly 2-man game. And Tobias is the textbook definition of mid. Lavine at least gives them a 3rd borderline all star that can play inside-out.

DDR is cool, but his style makes him very system dependent. He's a midrange sniper, which is where Embiid initiates a lot of his offense. Theoretically it probably could work, but I think Lavine's the better fit.
Zach's probably a better fit and would be a better player on their system, but at the expense of Maxey. I have a hard time not seeing that.

DeMar can play as the main scorer with the second unit, run some P&R with Joel without disrupting the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
I agree.

Lavine is not helping you win a damned thing.

Which means Morey will have this deal done in no time.
The only thing that scares me is that Morey asks for a lot and most of the time gets away with his. I feel like he might end up trading for both without giving up a single 1st rounder.
Old 12-01-2023, 02:36 AM   #2522
Nomad

I am very perplexed by Pacers and Carslyle's coaching. Nesmith should be getting the ball and encouraged to play offense instead of only getting the ball when he gets a rebound. Math should be in instead of Hield, who is off at distance, igniting offense instead of getting benched for one bad play. Not enough Nembhard, McConnell. And get Jarace Walker some game reps if you're gonna lose anyway. Old coach, tight leash, ouch. Probably knows something I don't.

Last edited by Nomad; 12-01-2023 at 02:52 AM.
Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 09:48 AM   #2523
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I am very perplexed by Pacers and Carslyle's coaching. Nesmith should be getting the ball and encouraged to play offense instead of only getting the ball when he gets a rebound. Math should be in instead of Hield, who is off at distance, igniting offense instead of getting benched for one bad play. Not enough Nembhard, McConnell. And get Jarace Walker some game reps if you're gonna lose anyway. Old coach, tight leash, ouch. Probably knows something I don't.
I find that hard to believe.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:31 PM   #2524
Nomad

thanks oldy. I do like Carsyle, but recently his substitutions and selection of plays to challenge has me scratching my head. As well as the floor generaling, which dictates that Hield must get the ball and shoot it from distance at all times. Yes Nembhard has been off all season, but you do have another 44 percent three-point shooter on the team.

Last edited by Nomad; 12-01-2023 at 12:34 PM.
Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:51 PM   #2525
Above the Rim

The teams that play on back-to-back nights have a big disadvantage on their 2nd night. You gotta factor this in when looking at the games. Of the 4 teams that played on Wednesday and then again on Thursday, all 4 teams lost the 2nd night - Lakers, Detroit, Utah & Clippers. Tough.
Above the Rim is online now   Reply With Quote