Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction netflix add

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-12-2023, 11:23 PM   #2001
daeve

Quote:
[O'Connor] Only four NBA teams have a top 10 rating for both offense and defense: Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers, Denver Nuggets, Houston Rockets. The biggest surprise by far is Houston, but Philly being one of them despite the drama and then the trade is so impressive.
still wild to me how good Houston looks. Also amusing that Maxey is pretty certainly trending towards an All-Star nod, so Embiid gets another one while Murray's injury all but guarantees Jokic is going yet another season without one.
daeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 11:48 PM   #2002
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeve View Post
I peeked into the KD thread earlier today just to decide it's not worth my time if people [bagholders?] on this forum still think he was the "best player" on the teams where he won a ring. It's been stated ad nauseum so I'll just let them have their cake and enjoy KD's descent into irrelevancy on my own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think KD was exceptional in those Finals series' with the Warriors. But like...the sky is blue. That can't even be remotely surprising considering all the defensive attention the splash bros commanded.

I think it's going to be a lot tougher for him to carry a team at his age combined with his cumulative injuries. Phoenix's only chance at a title is Booker going thermonuclear, Beal avoiding any injury setbacks, and their team defense miraculously unlocking the Contra cheatcode.

#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 11:51 PM   #2003
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
still wild to me how good Houston looks. Also amusing that Maxey is pretty certainly trending towards an All-Star nod, so Embiid gets another one while Murray's injury all but guarantees Jokic is going yet another season without one.
I'm starting to cautiously sip the H-town kool aid. Obviously not talking about title contention any time soon, but even a play-in slot would be a massive victory and stupid turnaround from last year. Shengoon in that Baby Yoker role with JG chilling with the chuck fests -- it's a nice formula.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
Old 11-13-2023, 12:24 AM   #2004
duron

To anyone here that’s watched a significant amount of Thibs, has he always tended to keep better players in the game even during garbage time of a blowout (not the censorship forums)?
Old 11-13-2023, 01:50 AM   #2005
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by duron View Post
To anyone here that’s watched a significant amount of Thibs, has he always tended to keep better players in the game even during garbage time of a blowout (not the censorship forums)?
Thibs been workin bruthas harder than Pedro Montes since 2010.

I'm always here for it.
Old 11-13-2023, 03:10 AM   #2006
hairyangryfella

Quote:
I peeked into the KD thread earlier today just to decide it's not worth my time if people [bagholders?] on this forum still think he was the "best player" on the teams where he won a ring. It's been stated ad nauseum so I'll just let them have their cake and enjoy KD's descent into irrelevancy on my own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ok... but I was at the Lakers home opener against the Suns and was blown away at how good a scorer KD is. Anytime he was on the court they were winning, when he went off they threw it away. Still a damn good player.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 07:12 AM   #2007
indyguy

Three things about the Pacers/Sixers game last night

1. If there is a player in the league that looks like they could go 48 minutes a night, it is Maxey.

2. There was a point in the 4th where both teams only had 11 fouls each, yet Embiid had shot 12 free throws (8 in the first quarter). Dude is the king of the flop. It's gross.

3. Andrew Nembhard has been "not good" this season, so far. Second unit cannot run if he is stuck in the mud.
indyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 07:19 AM   #2008
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I'm starting to cautiously sip the H-town kool aid. Obviously not talking about title contention any time soon, but even a play-in slot would be a massive victory and stupid turnaround from last year. Shengoon in that Baby Yoker role with JG chilling with the chuck fests -- it's a nice formula.
I guess it depends on what you mean by a chuck fest. He’s shooting 41% from the floor this season.

But hey, it’s good for Houston that they’ve been able to play every team missing most of their important players.

Get that esteem boost while you can
Old 11-13-2023, 07:28 AM   #2009
jcardstore

Even at 6-3 the Rockets still have a -1.9 adjusted net rating lol

At least they’re a tier above the truly terribles in that number this season. Spurs sitting at -6.9
Old 11-13-2023, 07:59 AM   #2010
Bosoxfan5990

Quote:
Imagine how much better the Celtics would look if Ime could've just kept it in his pants.
Bosoxfan5990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 12:10 PM   #2011
daeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Ok... but I was at the Lakers home opener against the Suns and was blown away at how good a scorer KD is. Anytime he was on the court they were winning, when he went off they threw it away. Still a damn good player.
Not saying he's not an excellent scorer. Better than Melo for sure, better than Iverson, probably in the Malone tier of excellence but never got to be the 1A guy on a championship team. Curry won before him, and won after him. And being the guy opposing teams chose to "let him beat us" because they gameplanned to stop Curry doesn't make him better. Also the massive Curry on/off splits back this up, and I've already linked to the Thinking Basketball breakdown of this multiple times over the years, pretty sure everyone who wants to see it has seen it.
daeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 12:14 PM   #2012
gomiamigo

https://twitter.com/thedunkcentral/s...099462839?s=46

top 4 players in NBA so far:
Jokic
Embiid
Luka
Maxey
Old 11-13-2023, 12:48 PM   #2013
The Accountant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
https://twitter.com/thedunkcentral/s...099462839?s=46

top 4 players in NBA so far:
Jokic
Embiid
Luka
Maxey
Tobias at 17... mind blown
Old 11-13-2023, 04:12 PM   #2014
gomiamigo

He's been great almost every game but the last one.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:43 PM   #2015
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by a chuck fest. He’s shooting 41% from the floor this season.

But hey, it’s good for Houston that they’ve been able to play every team missing most of their important players.

Get that esteem boost while you can

Laws of overachieving will eventually catch up with them. That's for certain. But with squads like the Jazz and Grizz already digging themselves nearly insurmountable holes early, I could see the case for Houston finding a way to finish hovering near .500, which may be enough for a play-in this year with the way injuries are playing out.

They aren't world beaters by any means, but if you play hard enough team defense, you always give yourself somewhat of a chance every night. I'd much rather take that formula than resting my laurels on a juggernaut offense.

JG is still bad. But my blackapino allegiance never wanes. The more single shot attempt games, the better.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:16 PM   #2016
oldgoldy97

I just saw the Wolves won again yesterday.

Hmmm…
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 09:41 PM   #2017
ninjacookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
I just saw the Wolves won again yesterday.

Hmmm…
Respect.

Washington might be Toronto. Might.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:27 PM   #2018
duron

Was really happy with my Bockers after the first half against the Celts.

Wasn’t so happy with my Bockers after the second half against the Celts.

Got my hopes up for a moment there. Was an entertaining back and forth for a while at least. Brunson is seriously a joy to watch.

Not that this is reason at all for the loss, but I’m still waiting for a game where Randle doesn’t fail to get back on D after whining to a ref, or straightlines into whoever rebounds his missed jumper. They’re the most telegraphed, painful reach in fouls I’ve ever seen. You know it’s happening the second the ball bricks.
Old 11-14-2023, 02:12 AM   #2019
ninjacookies

Check your pulse@the door if you ain't hyped.
Old 11-14-2023, 06:42 AM   #2020
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post

Check your pulse@the door if you ain't hyped.
My body is ready. Battle of the century, we’re all witnesses
Old 11-14-2023, 07:32 AM   #2021
JustinVerlander07

That Jordan Poole timeout video....not a great look. Guy is lucky he got the bag already because he'll be out of the league when it's up.

"It's my team....I got this"

Yikes.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:06 AM   #2022
MyckKabongo

Cant wait for NBA LongBoi show tonight
MyckKabongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 11:37 AM   #2023
Nomad

Pacers vs. 76ers part 2. This should be epic.
Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 11:47 AM   #2024
gomiamigo

Embiid wins player of the week in EC.
Old 11-14-2023, 05:48 PM   #2025
drobfan8

Starting to wonder how Steph won a 4th title with these scrubs.

He's the GOAT surely. He didn't just make it to the Finals and get flogged. He won the title.

GS definitely need some youth.

Dumping Poole looks an incredibly good move though.

They should have drafted Lamelo to run the team.