Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-17-2023, 11:25 PM   #2226
drobfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeve View Post
Denver shot 25% from 3 and Nawlins 55%, should've been a blowout with that discrepancy
It's always been tough for you to swallow your pride when you're wrong.

Nice win by bad gait
Old 11-17-2023, 11:27 PM   #2227
drobfan8

When is CJ back for NO?

Man he was nice for them.

Good win vs the Nugs though who have looked liked they'll repeat so far.

Zion still working his way back too.

Hopefully the Clips lose again so things get real saucy.

Also Hope the Jazz win, nice run by the Rookie to end the half.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:32 PM   #2228
drobfan8

Did everyone see that classic Harden defense just then?

Wow
Old 11-17-2023, 11:34 PM   #2229
escapegoat

sure is nice seeing isaac out there. magic looking like a fiesty out in a 7 game series.
Old 11-18-2023, 12:03 AM   #2230
drobfan8

Gotta give it to Russ. Coming off the bench for the cancer
Old 11-18-2023, 12:11 AM   #2231
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Gotta give it to Russ. Coming off the bench for the cancer
I mean, Harden's the better player at this point in their careers...not sure how that can be contended. And they both can't play pg at the same time.

WB played the same role well with the Fakers.

Strip club patron's line tonight:

20/6/3 on 87% from the field.

PG: 5/13.

This all falls back on whether or not LAC can get all 3 of their main players on the same page, because the defense of the backcourt was never there (before or after Harden).
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 12:13 AM   #2232
daeve

Quote:
It's always been tough for you to swallow your pride when you're wrong.

Nice win by bad gait
What did I get wrong?
daeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 12:21 AM   #2233
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

I honestly think Zubac is the odd man out.

He's just not good...at anything (aside from the occasional big rebounding game). Melanin-deprived Capella.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
Old 11-18-2023, 12:39 AM   #2234
drobfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I mean, Harden's the better player at this point in their careers...not sure how that can be contended. And they both can't play pg at the same time.

WB played the same role well with the Fakers.

Strip club patron's line tonight:

20/6/3 on 87% from the field.

PG: 5/13.

This all falls back on whether or not LAC can get all 3 of their main players on the same page, because the defense of the backcourt was never there (before or after Harden).
What the hell are you on about?

I was just saying it was commendable that WB put his hand up.
Old 11-18-2023, 12:40 AM   #2235
drobfan8

Quote:
What did I get wrong?
Lol.

So cute.

You can't even handle the Nugs getting handled by the Pels, with Zion who you've been trouncing on all off season and posted he wouldn't be ready for the start of the season.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:59 AM   #2236
ninjacookies

Quote:
What the hell are you on about?

I was just saying it was commendable that WB put his hand up.
Commendable, in the sense that he finally came to the self realization that this was an inevitable outcome? It's not like he had any sort of decision in this lol. Again, the gap in skill level between the two is still immense regardless of yours or anyone else's personal opinion on Harden's character. This is what the Clips needed. Scored a dub with the premier of this new configuration against one of the hottest teams in the league (albeit maybe slightly overrated).

Perhaps this cancer may go into remission. Maybe.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:01 AM   #2237
ninjacookies

Quote:
with Zion who you've been trouncing on all off season and posted he wouldn't be ready for the start of the season.
Surprised he didn't post another clip of Zion getting destroyed on defense by a guy who he wasn't even assigned to defend.

Progress.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:45 AM   #2238
daeve

Quote:
Lol.

So cute.

You can't even handle the Nugs getting handled by the Pels, with Zion who you've been trouncing on all off season and posted he wouldn't be ready for the start of the season.
I don't recall posting any predictions on Zion and I looked back at my posts quickly and didn't see anything. I don't harbor any ill will towards Big Z, I think he's been dishonest with himself and is probably not surrounded by good people, which is sad because he could be terrific, maybe he still gets there someday.

Less than a week ago Jokic put up 36-21-11 and I didn't mention it, I only praised Houston's play. Houston beat them better than the Pels did, Denver simply missed a lot of open shots and the bench play was horrible save Braun. Pels did ok but it wasn't a performance worth championing.

Last edited by daeve; 11-18-2023 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:25 PM   #2239
tjforce

Quote:
I don't recall posting any predictions on Zion and I looked back at my posts quickly and didn't see anything. I don't harbor any ill will towards Big Z, I think he's been dishonest with himself and is probably not surrounded by good people, which is sad because he could be terrific, maybe he still gets there someday.

Less than a week ago Jokic put up 36-21-11 and I didn't mention it, I only praised Houston's play. Houston beat them better than the Pels did, Denver simply missed a lot of open shots and the bench play was horrible save Braun. Pels did ok but it wasn't a performance worth championing.
Going out of your way to call out Zion's 'disappearing act in the second half', despite coming away with the win is kind of a hater look, if I could give some constructive feedback.

I mean, who cares? The guy played an overall solid game, didn't hog the ball late, and helped lead his team to the win. If I were a fan of these teams I'd be happier with a W and decent performance for my star players than I would be if my guy got a Triple Double in a loss.
Old 11-18-2023, 02:42 PM   #2240
daeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjforce View Post
Going out of your way to call out Zion's 'disappearing act in the second half', despite coming away with the win is kind of a hater look, if I could give some constructive feedback.

I mean, who cares? The guy played an overall solid game, didn't hog the ball late, and helped lead his team to the win. If I were a fan of these teams I'd be happier with a W and decent performance for my star players than I would be if my guy got a Triple Double in a loss.
It's not going out of my way - Malone made a bone-headed call late in the 1st Q by putting out a lineup of Nnaji-Watson-Braun-Strawther-Pickett when Zion was on the floor. Only Braun is really good enough to see non-garbage game time - but he's tinkering with Murray out. Anyway that resulted in a -10, and a good reason why Pels were up the whole game. 2nd half the story was Zion had 1 2nd half point midway through the 4th and his letting off the gas is why Denver came back. He's the best player on Nola so yeah it's noteworthy that he wasn't putting the game away. I really don't think that's being harsh.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:35 PM   #2241
tjforce

Quote:
It's not going out of my way - Malone made a bone-headed call late in the 1st Q by putting out a lineup of Nnaji-Watson-Braun-Strawther-Pickett when Zion was on the floor. Only Braun is really good enough to see non-garbage game time - but he's tinkering with Murray out. Anyway that resulted in a -10, and a good reason why Pels were up the whole game. 2nd half the story was Zion had 1 2nd half point midway through the 4th and his letting off the gas is why Denver came back. He's the best player on Nola so yeah it's noteworthy that he wasn't putting the game away. I really don't think that's being harsh.
You don't have to justify yourself.... it's an honest critique and how it came across.

I think most people are happy for you that Jokic worked out so well. I am.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:28 PM   #2242
daeve

Quote:
You don't have to justify yourself.... it's an honest critique and how it came across.

I think most people are happy for you that Jokic worked out so well. I am.
I'm perfectly capable of critiquing Zion without needing a pat on the back for Jokic. Idk why we can't have honest discourse around here. I think he's fallen behind Hali, SGA, and Ant as far as young stars go. Maybe part of that is missed time leading to stunted development, but when you're gifted a flub from a visiting team letting you beat up 3rd stringers, you should win. He did, but just barely and mostly due to wide-open misses from Denver late. I think we're seeing guys like I mentioned beating up teams that give them that much room to run, heck even Maxey is doing that this year. Not saying he's better than Z, but he doesn't leave one wondering why he isn't attacking when given the chance of rising to the occasion.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:37 PM   #2243
ninjacookies

Quote:
but when you're gifted a flub from a visiting team letting you beat up 3rd stringers
The cope is real.

I mean, the Pels basically gifted them a flub with 40% of their starting rotation missing and their best bench guy still sidelined. But that's neither here nor there.

Pels by 35 on full health, regardless of regular season mode Bubble Alpaca.

Never overthought it.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:06 PM   #2244
daeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
The cope is real.

I mean, the Pels basically gifted them a flub with 40% of their starting rotation missing and their best bench guy still sidelined. But that's neither here nor there.

Pels by 35 on full health, regardless of regular season mode Bubble Alpaca.

Never overthought it.
Denver's achilles heal is having only 2 playmakers. The lesser one is out, but the point remains. Missing either of Jokic/Murray means they have 1 actual NBA quality playmaker and when that one has to get a breather its basically a G-league team out there.

I'm willing to put the Pels on probably the Sixers-ish level of contender-dom, meaning talented but unproven. You've got Hawkins out there looking like a RoTY-caliber guy already [in non Chet/Victor years]. Daniels is good, Herb is very good, Ingram is a decent semi-star, CJ and Jonus are rotation-worthy. At some point the onus has to hit Zion that it's now on him to enter into a consistent stardom role. He has the ability, it's now the mental part that has to catch up.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:24 PM   #2245
ninjacookies

Quote:
Denver's achilles heal is having only 2 playmakers. The lesser one is out, but the point remains. Missing either of Jokic/Murray means they have 1 actual NBA quality playmaker and when that one has to get a breather its basically a G-league team out there.
Basically the same issue that exists on the current Pels squad. CJ is arguably their best playmaker in ISO situations (arguable with BI), and he's sidelined for god knows how long. Herb is a defensive stalwart that's a ball of energy but is limited offensively. Hawkins is definitely impressing, but isn't really a native point since he's not a good distributor and more in the mold of a Devonte Graham/Rozier. Also, you get him away from behind the arc and he won't know what to do. BI is nice

Valanchoonis still IMO is the medium-to-long-term odd man out, as his style just doesn't mesh well and he's not a great pn'r big.

Zion's definitely the key piece in all of this. I have no reason to doubt his clutch ability. He's flashed it since his debut night in SA. We just haven't seen him on the floor enough (particularly postseason) to see what he's really capable of. I guess that's where load management comes in. Probably going to be a continuing theme for the remainder of his career, which sucks.

I think Pels have the capability to be the new successor to last year's version of Memphis. But certainly don't think they're any sort of legit contender yet. It's just really hard to pinpoint their current status considering they've been so injury plagued at every position.
Old 11-19-2023, 12:15 AM   #2246
tjforce

Giannis showing the world that he’s a top 2 player in the nba still.

Bucks 9-4.

Warriors seem to be dying a painful death this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2023, 11:46 AM   #2247
oldgoldy97

Tough W for the Wolves.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:23 PM   #2248
Nomad

Just watching the Pels Wolves playback. That was three big perimeter shots in succession.
Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 04:13 PM   #2249
spurs50fan

Picture is lovely
https://x.com/brooklynnets/status/17...w4RuTeMOhTKeKg
spurs50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 05:51 PM   #2250
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Giannis showing the world that he’s a top 2 player in the nba still.

Bucks 9-4.

Warriors seem to be dying a painful death this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may be right, however they are missing their 2nd best player right now...

Klay is a shell of himself, though.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote