Old 11-26-2023, 11:23 PM   #2426
Nomad

say what
Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 06:26 AM   #2427
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Slemby has really slow lateral movement. It's like the super tall version of Austin Rivers. A lot of fancy dribble moves but very little defensive separation due to speed. 93 year old Deandre Jordan kept him on a leash.

I hope his frame has Yannis hgh upside.

Racking up the peripherals like brazy though.
How much lateral quickness do you need when your arms cover the entire 3pt line?
Old 11-27-2023, 07:54 AM   #2428
GOATcards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywest View Post
The post which infuriated me said - 'It's crazy how bad Russ' shot still is at this point of his career. Not sure why he still takes them.'

It sent me into a rage because before Harden arrived Russ was playing very well and with confidence. And his shot was not bad! I haven't missed a game in his career so I assure you I can judge this better than a 'casual' or a blowout troll. I don't even need to look at the stats to come to that conclusion but since you've decided to 'clown' me I'll do the legwork and tabulate his shooting stats as a Clipper to prove my point.

[22/23] 21 Gms .489 FG .356 3P% (Both highest of his career)
[22/23 Playoffs] 5 Gms .410 FG .357 3P%
[23/24 w/o Harden] 5 Gms .516 FG .388 3P% (Both highest of his career)

31 gm sample total - .473 FG .361 3P% (Would both rank the highest of his career non-clipper)

Here's post Harden - 9 games .368 FG .208 3P% (Both rank the worst shooting numbers of his career)

So that's the context. Post Harden Russ is career worst. Before Harden, Clipper Russ was thriving.

By the way... I didn't take the time to write this post and make these calculations for the flood of trolls who comment after I make a post about Russ. They can do what they do. That's value on blowout basketball LoL I just wanted to check the eye test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
So his career best was still below league average on 3's? That was your point?
aren't you the one who's really quick to label someone a troll?

obviously it's about whether Russ's shot is still there compared to his past numbers, why not consider the obvious interpretation?
whatever ninjacookies said one foo's NBA GOAT ranking (top 20-ish): MJ, Mr. Russell, Tim, LeBron, Magic, KareemLarry, WiltShaq, Kobe, HakeemJokicCurry, GiannisKevinKevin, Oscar, Jerry, Karl, MosesDirkDoctorAdmiral
“Those f---ing balloons are staying up there.” -WFR, 5/5/69
GOATcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:00 AM   #2429
GOATcards

Quote:
Slemby has really slow lateral movement. It's like the super tall version of Austin Rivers. A lot of fancy dribble moves but very little defensive separation due to speed. 93 year old Deandre Jordan kept him on a leash.

there's a reason yannis is called the Freak, how does a 7-footer who moves like that not become an NBA superstar (despite awful shooting for the league from 3)?

as for "slow lateral movement" I've heard that about a recent 2-time MVP, perhaps it can be made up for in other ways (how doesn a 7-footer with yoakur level of BBIQ not become an NBA superstar?)
whatever ninjacookies said one foo's NBA GOAT ranking (top 20-ish): MJ, Mr. Russell, Tim, LeBron, Magic, KareemLarry, WiltShaq, Kobe, HakeemJokicCurry, GiannisKevinKevin, Oscar, Jerry, Karl, MosesDirkDoctorAdmiral
“Those f---ing balloons are staying up there.” -WFR, 5/5/69

Last edited by GOATcards; 11-27-2023 at 10:36 AM.
GOATcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 09:20 AM   #2430
oldgoldy97

Nice to see the Wolves win in Memphis.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 10:06 AM   #2431
jcardstore

Quote:

Also, highly doubt that Wemby can have a Giannis like frame.

Remember, Giannis came into the league at 6’8-6’9. Not only did he grow a couple more inches but as he was growing he was able to bulk up.

I can’t see how Wemby can truly bulk and he’s probably not really getting any taller. I’m sure he can tone and add a little weight but not like Giannis did.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:54 AM   #2432
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATcards View Post
aren't you the one who's really quick to label someone a troll?

obviously it's about whether Russ's shot is still there compared to his past numbers, why not consider the obvious interpretation?
I call it as I see it.

His shot sucks though, it always has. It's not a hot take. His best shooting performance still wasn't good.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 12:14 PM   #2433
daeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
Also, highly doubt that Wemby can have a Giannis like frame.

Remember, Giannis came into the league at 6’8-6’9. Not only did he grow a couple more inches but as he was growing he was able to bulk up.

I can’t see how Wemby can truly bulk and he’s probably not really getting any taller. I’m sure he can tone and add a little weight but not like Giannis did.
His best bet will be to settle somewhere in between Kareem and Gobert. It seems like he's really going the Kareem route with how much emphasis his workouts put towards flexibility and range of motion, which is probably smart for his longevity.
daeve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 12:53 PM   #2434
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeve View Post
His best bet will be to settle somewhere in between Kareem and Gobert. It seems like he's really going the Kareem route with how much emphasis his workouts put towards flexibility and range of motion, which is probably smart for his longevity.
I don't think it would be smart for him to bulk at all, more weight = more tension and stress on your joints and ligaments and whatever don't think his frame can handle it.

Kareem was 225 coming into the league and Gobert 240. Wembanyama is listed at 210 but my guess is he's less than that.

If he can add 15lbs in the next couple years that would be a huge win for him imo but can't see much past that
Old 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM   #2435
tjforce

Quote:
I don't think it would be smart for him to bulk at all, more weight = more tension and stress on your joints and ligaments and whatever don't think his frame can handle it.

Kareem was 225 coming into the league and Gobert 240. Wembanyama is listed at 210 but my guess is he's less than that.

If he can add 15lbs in the next couple years that would be a huge win for him imo but can't see much past that
He's 19. He's going to be adding weight just from naturally growing.

I be we wouldn't even noticed 15 more pounds on him
Old 11-27-2023, 03:37 PM   #2436
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjforce View Post
He's 19. He's going to be adding weight just from naturally growing.

I be we wouldn't even noticed 15 more pounds on him
There will be 500 news stories about it, and yea it's noticeable if you're paying attention. Mobley gained 7lbs over the offseason according to the team and it's a noticeable difference YoY. and btw it took him 2+ years to gain 7lbs. These guys are thin for a reason, it's not like they can just gain weight as they feel like it
Old 11-27-2023, 03:50 PM   #2437
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
How much lateral quickness do you need when your arms cover the entire 3pt line?
More if you lack the strength to power through defenders/contact and aren't a particularly good shooter.

On the defensive end, it's not really an issue, as he's actually fairly quick without the rock. And what he lacks in burst speed he more than compensates with his stupid length and instincts.

Giannis would not be nearly the same player he is today without all that added bulk. He'd share many of the same issues Wemby has now because he's not a good shooter outside the paint. He's a bully ball machine.

15-20 pounds I think is do-able, I'm just not sure about his natural genetic makeup. I think Rudy/Pordingus is a fair trajectory. Hell, we're not even sure if he's done growing vertically.

Spurs need to run a lot more screening action, because he's not commanding double teams and could use some help creating space for himself. Get him and Collins running a dollar tree twin tower game like they do out in Minny. Right now it's all Slemby trying to run isos and getting shoved out the restricted areas by 2's and 3's.

Yes, he's 19.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 04:00 PM   #2438
jcardstore

Quote:
More if you lack the strength to power through defenders/contact and aren't a particularly good shooter.

On the defensive end, it's not really an issue, as he's actually fairly quick without the rock. And what he lacks in burst speed he more than compensates with his stupid length and instincts.

Giannis would not be nearly the same player he is today without all that added bulk. He'd share many of the same issues Wemby has now because he's not a good shooter outside the paint. He's a bully ball machine.

15-20 pounds I think is do-able, I'm just not sure about his natural genetic makeup. I think Rudy/Pordingus is a fair trajectory. Hell, we're not even sure if he's done growing vertically.

Spurs need to run a lot more screening action, because he's not commanding double teams and could use some help creating space for himself. Get him and Collins running a dollar tree twin tower game like they do out in Minny. Right now it's all Slemby trying to run isos and getting shoved out the restricted areas by 2's and 3's.

Yes, he's 19.
He shouldn't be trying to break down guys off the dribble, he's forced into it because the team has no PG and barely any ball handlers.

His current role isn't going to look anything like his role 2-3 years from now.

He takes a lot of really horrible shots, some out of necessity, some just because? If your team is reliant on him hitting off the dribble 27fters, your team isn't going to be very good, bottom line.

I just don't see how he could possibly get to (current) Porzingis or Rudy. Both guys came into the league with 20-25lbs on Wemby. So you're saying he'd need to add 20+lbs to just get to their rookie weight. Guys don't bulk like that, especially really tall guys.

Porzingis has gained ~10lbs since being in the league and Rudy gained 20.
Old 11-27-2023, 04:30 PM   #2439
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
He shouldn't be trying to break down guys off the dribble, he's forced into it because the team has no PG and barely any ball handlers.

His current role isn't going to look anything like his role 2-3 years from now.

He takes a lot of really horrible shots, some out of necessity, some just because? If your team is reliant on him hitting off the dribble 27fters, your team isn't going to be very good, bottom line.

I just don't see how he could possibly get to (current) Porzingis or Rudy. Both guys came into the league with 20-25lbs on Wemby. So you're saying he'd need to add 20+lbs to just get to their rookie weight. Guys don't bulk like that, especially really tall guys.

Porzingis has gained ~10lbs since being in the league and Rudy gained 20.

Tre is definitely a point. No, he's not a world beater, but his assist averages are actually quite impressive considering his throttled minutes.

Which leads me to my next point: I believe Pop came into the 23-24 season with the strict intentions of mailing it in. Sochan should not be at the 1, and everybody knows this. Keldon (who was showing all signs of taking the next step) has regressed. Jigsaw wants to set the lowest possible team precedent and take some of the pressure off Slemby his rookie season. Allow him to get up all the shots he wants without the fear of his efficiency being some kind of deterrent to meaningful postseason success.

I think it's a good move. The last thing you want is to destroy his confidence and have the media dragging him for how dismal the team is (even compared to last season), when the FO can front most of the blame.

As per Alley McBeal's frame,

Quote:
In the roughly three-and-a-half months since the draft, Wembanyama said that he has put on about 15 pounds of muscle. “I've learned as much about my body in these past three months than I have in the past five years,” said Wembanyama, per Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News.

Unless it's all fluff, I guess he may still have something left in the tank. With Yannis, you could see a potential point of reference with his older bro...I just have nothing to go on with Wadlow.
#5 world ranked Ledell Eackles superclection as recognized by Tuff Stuff junior managing editor, Barry McCaulkinner.
Somethin' like a cross between Teddy Aguhob and Kaboom Mystery Packs. I got that Givenchy denim flow.
Old 11-27-2023, 04:36 PM   #2440
jcardstore

Quote:
Tre is definitely a point. No, he's not a world beater, but his assist averages are actually quite impressive considering his throttled minutes.

Which leads me to my next point: I believe Pop came into the 23-24 season with the strict intentions of mailing it in. Sochan should not be at the 1, and everybody knows this. Keldon (who was showing all signs of taking the next step) has regressed. Jigsaw wants to set the lowest possible team precedent and take some of the pressure off Slemby his rookie season. Allow him to get up all the shots he wants without the fear of his efficiency being some kind of deterrent to meaningful postseason success.

I think it's a good move. The last thing you want is to destroy his confidence and have the media dragging him for how dismal the team is (even compared to last season), when the FO can front most of the blame.

As per Alley McBeal's frame,

Unless it's all fluff, I guess he may still have something left in the tank. With Yannis, you could see a potential point of reference with his older bro...I just have nothing to go on with Wadlow.
I 100% agree with all of this. To me, it's clear as day that Pop is intent on letting Wemby explore his game without any pressure. That's why he's got such terrible percentages and a shot profile that would make JR smith proud.

If Wemby has added 15lbs of muscle since the draft, it's the sneakiest 15lbs of all time because there's no noticeable change. Which I mean I guess makes sense since it's distributed across so much more surface area lol, but I just doubt he can really bulk like Giannis. He was the outlier of outliers imo
Old 11-27-2023, 04:42 PM   #2441
ninjacookies

Quote:

If Wemby has added 15lbs of muscle since the draft, it's the sneakiest 15lbs of all time because there's no noticeable change.
You and I both. The real scariest thing in all of this is that there always exists the possibility that he could still reach 7-6/7-7 territory by the time he hits 21.

Regardless of all that offensive statsheet talk, he's going to be an absolute problem defensively as long as he remains upright. I could legit see him winning a handful of DPOY's if his career makes it that long.
Old 11-27-2023, 05:32 PM   #2442
jcardstore

Quote:
You and I both. The real scariest thing in all of this is that there always exists the possibility that he could still reach 7-6/7-7 territory by the time he hits 21.

Regardless of all that offensive statsheet talk, he's going to be an absolute problem defensively as long as he remains upright. I could legit see him winning a handful of DPOY's if his career makes it that long.
If he ends up 7-7 with that skill level just cancel the league. The AI overlords broke the myplayer creator
Old 11-27-2023, 06:24 PM   #2443
ninjacookies

Quote:
If he ends up 7-7 with that skill level just cancel the league. The AI overlords broke the myplayer creator

If you know, you know.

https://img2.joyreactor.cc/pics/post...9-7451216.webm
Old 11-27-2023, 06:55 PM   #2444
jcardstore

Quote:
легенда о боб

Edit: turns out he’s Romanian oops lol
Old 11-27-2023, 07:04 PM   #2445
ninjacookies

Quote:
легенда о боб

Edit: turns out he’s Romanian oops lol
Nu are nicio diferență pentru mine, tovarășe.

Old 11-27-2023, 07:51 PM   #2446
ninjacookies

Indy's really going to let Portland drop 130+ tonight, aren't they.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:12 PM   #2447
jcardstore

Quote:
Indy's really going to let Portland drop 130+ tonight, aren't they.
Never under think the TTO against Indy
Old 11-27-2023, 08:16 PM   #2448
ninjacookies

Quote:
Never under think the TTO against Indy
Easiest USDT all year.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:27 PM   #2449
ninjacookies

Only JP could ever hit a man with the okie doke - then get his sh*t swatted into the 3rd row because he was too busy showboating with the staredown.

https://streamable.com/4x9xi4

Also; Ausur is now my fav. rookie of the class. Though Czetneck still holds my Ridge Wallet's heart.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:40 PM   #2450
JustinVerlander07

Quote:
Only JP could ever hit a man with the okie doke - then get his sh*t swatted into the 3rd row because he was too busy showboating with the staredown.

https://streamable.com/4x9xi4

Also; Ausur is now my fav. rookie of the class. Though Czetneck still holds my Ridge Wallet's heart.
Poole is a special man. Never overthinks anything besides what he'd do after that beauty of a move.

"Cavs in 7. Write it down"
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote