Blowout Cards Forums
pokemon Scarlet & Violet Stellar Crown

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
knowname

Default Dave and Adams Card World repackaging?

Bought two cases of 2015 topps tribute se baseball cases in their cyber Monday sale and got HORRIBLE cards. I was OK with it I lost my gamble it happens :/ but talking to a card shop owner friend says this is a common complaint with Dave and Adams, ALSO I commented on not getting a redemption seems every break I'd seen of these had a redemption! Also a couple other weird coincidences that slightly suggested tampering to me.... And I (vainly) recorded my break so...

Anyway I'd like to know a) do others have these kind of or even good experiences with Dave and Adams? b) did topps perhaps do away with distributing redemptions in later cases of 2015 topps tribute se? And finally c) is it possible to repackage opened packs? Keep in mind the packs for this case is very plain no writing on the outside at all.

I'll also say I then looked them up at BBB.org and they have 1 positive review and 16 complaints!! An A+ rating is kinda shadey imo

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk
knowname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
cruiserdaddy7

It's a terrible product. Seems Dave and Adams have gotten alot of Topps closeouts (fb chrome anniversary auto packs). There is nothing wrong with the stuff. The Tribute packs were a gimmick product after the disaster that was 2015 Tribute. You bought a bad product in my opinion.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
Hollywood42

Never had any issues with DA before. Have been happy with them in the past. Granted I haven't bought cases from them
Old 12-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
duwal

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowname View Post

I'll also say I then looked them up at BBB.org and they have 1 positive review and 16 complaints!! An A+ rating is kinda shadey imo

You have to remember that is 16 complaints out of 10's of 1000's of transactions that they do each year which is through a business mindset is phenomenal. You also have to think/know that there are some collectors where if they get a bad case or a case that they didn't do well on they're going to complain and think something else might be the reason for it instead of their bad luck in not beating the odds
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
carlo16

Quote:
Bought two cases of 2015 topps tribute se baseball cases in their cyber Monday sale and got HORRIBLE cards. I was OK with it I lost my gamble it happens :/ but talking to a card shop owner friend says this is a common complaint with Dave and Adams, ALSO I commented on not getting a redemption seems every break I'd seen of these had a redemption! Also a couple other weird coincidences that slightly suggested tampering to me.... And I (vainly) recorded my break so...

Anyway I'd like to know a) do others have these kind of or even good experiences with Dave and Adams? b) did topps perhaps do away with distributing redemptions in later cases of 2015 topps tribute se? And finally c) is it possible to repackage opened packs? Keep in mind the packs for this case is very plain no writing on the outside at all.

BBB is about as relevant as 8 Tracks.
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:04 PM   #6
T206

I got a 2013 Topps Update mccutchen/cole case hit auto jersey from DaCW.. no problems over here.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #7
smanzari

I got crap in my two packs from them too, but have pulled a few of 1/1s from other products of theirs. I think the others are right- bad product!
smanzari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #8
natbornkiller

thats why the product was being dumped on cyber monday
Old 12-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #9
muchotix

I order from them quite a bit and I've never had an issue. This includes cases, boxes and loose packs.
muchotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #10
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
thats why the product was being dumped on cyber monday
Same with their horde of 2015 tek football and 2014 bowman chrome football. Horrid products even when heavily discounted.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:42 PM   #11
JMarchand1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo16 View Post
BBB is about as relevant as 8 Tracks.
And Beckett magazine.
JMarchand1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #12
ArsonCuff

Quote:

2015 Tribute SE was basically a repackage product by Topps, they did a recall on 2015 Topps and then supposedly fixed the cards (probably just picked out some with the least streaky of autos) and then re-released them. I don't know what the packaging looked like, but having bought the original product I know I was not going to touch the re-release of it because I could rub the autographs and surfaces off the cards with my finger.

I've bought sealed products from Dave and Adams and never felt like they were tampered with. I thought this topic was going to be about their actual repackage products that they seem to be selling now though ala Hit Parade. Is that a Dave and Adams made product in the vein of like Superbreak and such? Dave and Adams just won an auction for one of my cards on Ebay..lol

Last edited by ArsonCuff; 12-15-2016 at 10:53 PM.
ArsonCuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:57 PM   #13
kyle1707

over last 10 years i have bought 50 plus cases from them..

Amazing service amazing cases...

I rate them the same as blowout.. 10 out of 10

But they do buy from tons of people to get product.. you never know if something slipped by them?
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:18 PM   #14
deansayso

The best boxes I've broken have come from DACW
deansayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:23 PM   #15
Rabs

No issues with them. I feel that Blowout and D&A are the best two places to buy boxes/cases.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:51 AM   #16
timber09

I put blowout ahead of them simply due to this forum but the products are the products - I have gotten duds from both and had wonderful hits from both.
timber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
IronMonkey415
Banned

Let me ask my representative over there name Brian Benson what is going on.
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #18
Branesergen

I haven't bought from DA for years because of this. Several cases missing case hits. Like they repackaged the cases. Bought 2 from DA and my 1st 2 from BO as a test and missed case hits from DA and got both from BO as well as "better" hits. Never bought from DA again.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:10 PM   #19
fulltritty

I bought a 2014 Panini Prizm Perennial Draft case from their Black Friday sale and was very happy with the Schwarber auto and Conforto /10 auto.
fulltritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #20
coachnip13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
I haven't bought from DA for years because of this. Several cases missing case hits. Like they repackaged the cases. Bought 2 from DA and my 1st 2 from BO as a test and missed case hits from DA and got both from BO as well as "better" hits. Never bought from DA again.
^^Minority opinion.

I've bought many cases from both sites over the past three years and have had monster hits and dud cases from both.
coachnip13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #21
Branesergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachnip13 View Post
^^Minority opinion.

I've bought many cases from both sites over the past three years and have had monster hits and dud cases from both.
Agreed. I know I'm in the minority and probably wrong about them but 10 duds in a row was enough to turn me off to them. I don't go around bashing, I don't try to detour other people from buying there. Just stating my experience and opinion. However if asked where to buy from online I send to BO and Chris at cards infinity. I've never had issues with either and are worth my referral.