pokemon Scarlet & Violet Shrouded

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-27-2024, 06:13 PM   #176
Spacemanspif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22emmittfan View Post
Interesting you got the three wembanyama in same box. One of mine had 4. Only 2 boxes of 9 had any at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
That was a big trend for me as well in my Mega break. 3-4 Brandon Miller in one box. Then 3-4 Wemby in one box. Then 3-4 Scoot in one box. It's a strange coincidence to say the least since they are all separate insert sets. I know sometimes with collation you might get certain players packed together but I can't think of a time when the same player, across multiple subsets, was appearing in waves like that.
well if the packs are as formulaic as I laid out above, being laid out in exact proportions to each other (exactly 4 base to every 2 shock), it is possible that the collation lined up that way and then just keeps repeating. seems like very sloppy QC though and bad that it repeats so often

also just to note for everyone:

you get 28 base per box (or whatever the number is for blasters / WM Megas / etc), out of a checklist of 250. 250/28 = 8.93. You should average 1 Wemby base per 9 boxes ripped, so don't get all mad when you don't hit one out of your 3 boxes and claim it's an SP

similarly, you get 14 purple shock per box. so odds of pulling the purple shock Wemby is around 1 per 18 boxes.

there are 100 eligible inserts and he is on 4 of them. if you believe my average of 7 base inserts and 3-4 parallel inserts, the hit rate is every 2.5ish boxes
Spacemanspif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 06:40 PM   #177
anusinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemanspif View Post
well if the packs are as formulaic as I laid out above, being laid out in exact proportions to each other (exactly 4 base to every 2 shock), it is possible that the collation lined up that way and then just keeps repeating. seems like very sloppy QC though and bad that it repeats so often

also just to note for everyone:

you get 28 base per box (or whatever the number is for blasters / WM Megas / etc), out of a checklist of 250. 250/28 = 8.93. You should average 1 Wemby base per 9 boxes ripped, so don't get all mad when you don't hit one out of your 3 boxes and claim it's an SP

similarly, you get 14 purple shock per box. so odds of pulling the purple shock Wemby is around 1 per 18 boxes.

there are 100 eligible inserts and he is on 4 of them. if you believe my average of 7 base inserts and 3-4 parallel inserts, the hit rate is every 2.5ish boxes
Its one base RR per pack right? then 7 packs per box and 50 RRs total? So it ends up being 1 Wemby per 7 boxes in the Target Mega boxes.
anusinha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 07:14 PM   #178
auctionjmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
Its one base RR per pack right? then 7 packs per box and 50 RRs total? So it ends up being 1 Wemby per 7 boxes in the Target Mega boxes.
Yep. I mentioned this earlier but I'll add another tidbit...

In packs that have a numbered or auto, the numbered/auto replaces a base card, not a RR. So the one RR per pack is consistent even in hit packs. Really good rookie ratio in Megas at least.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 09:07 PM   #179
Spacemanspif

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
oh damn you right. I forgot that it wasn't equal distribution, although I hesitate to say that for sure when nobody else has verified
Old 06-27-2024, 09:09 PM   #180
22emmittfan

Quote:
oh damn you right. I forgot that it wasn't equal distribution, although I hesitate to say that for sure when nobody else has verified
I got one base wemby in 9. Ordered 6 more today will update when come in
22emmittfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 09:24 PM   #181
Spacemanspif

Quote:
I got one base wemby in 9. Ordered 6 more today will update when come in
In the ones you opened, were you getting that same pattern? 3 base, 1 base RR, insert, parallel, 2 purple shock?
Old 06-27-2024, 09:36 PM   #182
22emmittfan

Quote:
In the ones you opened, were you getting that same pattern? 3 base, 1 base RR, insert, parallel, 2 purple shock?
For the most part yes… had a couple packs that were short cards. Was always getting at least two purples…no numbered but one auto and one checker
Old 06-28-2024, 01:44 PM   #183
mikejones

Saw some megas at Walmart while shopping for camping stuff. Passed.
Old 06-28-2024, 02:06 PM   #184
maj78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones View Post
Saw some megas at Walmart while shopping for camping stuff. Passed.
That's awesome, man. Can you tell us more? Where will you be camping?
maj78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 03:02 PM   #185
Chrominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maj78 View Post
Old 06-28-2024, 05:26 PM   #186
Boo

Got my 3 megas from Target today, I opened one. This was the only card of note

Old 06-28-2024, 07:22 PM   #187
22emmittfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Got my 3 megas from Target today, I opened one. This was the only card of note

Never heard of him and can’t pronounce the name.. other wise great card
Old 06-28-2024, 07:30 PM   #188
22emmittfan

Found 9 Walmart megas today… did much better than my targets. Pretty much the same as target 3 vet base , 1 rr, and combo 4 inserts/ colors.

1 base wembanyama for 9 same as target 1/9. 2 inserts
1 base Brandon miller 2 holo white hot
6 numbered, 1 checker, 1 auto, 150 points
1 phases amen Thompson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2024, 08:07 PM   #189
Spacemanspif

Quote:
Found 9 Walmart megas today… did much better than my targets. Pretty much the same as target 3 vet base , 1 rr, and combo 4 inserts/ colors.

1 base wembanyama for 9 same as target 1/9. 2 inserts
1 base Brandon miller 2 holo white hot
6 numbered, 1 checker, 1 auto, 150 points
1 phases amen Thompson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, so 9 “hits” out of 9 boxes? What was the price? It looks like both WM and Target Megas have 56 cards, so the only difference is the pink hyper vs purple shock. Sucks if the #’d parallels are shared across products too, will make it impossible to determine print run
Old 06-28-2024, 08:30 PM   #190
Chris P

Quote:
Nice, so 9 “hits” out of 9 boxes? What was the price? It looks like both WM and Target Megas have 56 cards, so the only difference is the pink hyper vs purple shock. Sucks if the #’d parallels are shared across products too, will make it impossible to determine print run
I think the Blue numbered to 249 are in both formats. Wal mart ones havean additional parallel numbered to 99
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 08:46 PM   #191
22emmittfan

Quote:
2 boxes had 2 each. The hyper Prizm does look nice.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:11 PM   #192
Chris P

I have a question for those who have opened Target Megas. I've only opened 2 of the 9 I ordered so far. Have gotten a base Wemby in both, but my question is in regards to the Purple Shock. I've been disappointed in receiving only 2 Rated Rookies out 14 parallels per box so far. If you opened these, is that what you seem to be getting per box? That really sucks that 12 of the 14 parallels are vets if that's the case.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:59 PM   #193
mikejones

Quote:
Mount shasta.
Old 06-28-2024, 11:30 PM   #194
Spacemanspif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
I have a question for those who have opened Target Megas. I've only opened 2 of the 9 I ordered so far. Have gotten a base Wemby in both, but my question is in regards to the Purple Shock. I've been disappointed in receiving only 2 Rated Rookies out 14 parallels per box so far. If you opened these, is that what you seem to be getting per box? That really sucks that 12 of the 14 parallels are vets if that's the case.
I mean the expected result is 2.8, so hitting 2 isn't like a disaster or anything. you've also beat the odds on the Wemby base so it's just randomness being random
Old 06-28-2024, 11:32 PM   #195
Chris P

Quote:
I mean the expected result is 2.8, so hitting 2 isn't like a disaster or anything. you've also beat the odds on the Wemby base so it's just randomness being random
Yeah i guess i was just hoping for a minimum of 3..but we'll see if it evens out in the rest of the boxes
Old 06-29-2024, 08:56 PM   #196
Chris P

Finished my 9 Megas from Target. Nothing big, but overall did well on the Wemby Front. Here's the highlights

11 Total Wembys

3 Base Wembys
2 Splash
1 Splash Silver Holo
1 Express Lane
1 White Hot Rookies
1 White Hot Rookies Holo
1 My House
1 My House Purple Holo

2 Autos (Both Cuttino Mobley LOL)

150 Panini Points

2 Numbered Blue Seismic /49 (Bam Adebayo Jersey numbered and Devin Vassell)

Best Purple Shocks were Scoot, Jamie Jaquez, Cason Wallace, and 2 Podz
Old 06-29-2024, 09:36 PM   #197
Spacemanspif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
Finished my 9 Megas from Target. Nothing big, but overall did well on the Wemby Front. Here's the highlights

11 Total Wembys

3 Base Wembys
2 Splash
1 Splash Silver Holo
1 Express Lane
1 White Hot Rookies
1 White Hot Rookies Holo
1 My House
1 My House Purple Holo

2 Autos (Both Cuttino Mobley LOL)

150 Panini Points

2 Numbered Blue Seismic /49 (Bam Adebayo Jersey numbered and Devin Vassell)

Best Purple Shocks were Scoot, Jamie Jaquez, Cason Wallace, and 2 Podz

nice! 11 Wemby out of 9 boxes, plus 5 "hits" is a solid break. I feel like even though everything is printed to the moon, the Optic and Select Megas have actually been fun products. not like 2020-2022 where retail felt like absolute garbage
Old 06-29-2024, 09:56 PM   #198
Chris P

Quote:
nice! 11 Wemby out of 9 boxes, plus 5 "hits" is a solid break. I feel like even though everything is printed to the moon, the Optic and Select Megas have actually been fun products. not like 2020-2022 where retail felt like absolute garbage
Absolutely, I'm in it for the fun so pulling 11 Wembys and also some of the other rookies like Scoot is definitely fun. I do kick myself for not buying any of the Target Select Megas as those seemed like a blast. Also I really like the holo versions of the inserts, so pulling 3 holos of Wemby was pretty cool
Old 07-04-2024, 03:06 PM   #199
maj78

Has anyone opened Optic retail boxes? Apparently that's the format you can pull Red Velocity's /249 and Black 1/1. I've never really cared for Pink Velocity's that are /79 and while the Blue Velocity's look nice they are not numbered. The Red's are slowly but surely starting to show up on eBay and should provide some awesome color matches with all the teams that have red as a main or trim color. Just curious for anyone who's open retail boxes what your experience has been on pulling the Red Velos.
maj78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 03:11 PM   #200
Saban1

Quote:
Has anyone opened Optic retail boxes? Apparently that's the format you can pull Red Velocity's /249 and Black 1/1. I've never really cared for Pink Velocity's that are /79 and while the Blue Velocity's look nice they are not numbered. The Red's are slowly but surely starting to show up on eBay and should provide some awesome color matches with all the teams that have red as a main or trim color. Just curious for anyone who's open retail boxes what your experience has been on pulling the Red Velos.
Watched a YouTube break last night. His box had 2 reds.
Saban1 is offline   Reply With Quote